This qualification reflects the roles of individuals who apply highly specialised knowledge and skills in the field of organisational learning and capability development. Individuals in these roles generate and evaluate complex ideas. They also initiate, design and execute major learning and development functions within an organisation. Typically, they would have full responsibility and accountability for the personal output and work of others.
This qualification may apply to leaders and managers in an organisation where learning is used to build organisational capability.
78 weeks (60 Weeks study + 18 weeks holidays). Students are required to attend a minimum 20 scheduled course contact hours per week.
Various intake and start dates available. Call on +61 2 4608 9972 for more information
Training will be conducted face to face on a fulltime basis in a classroom, with simulated work environment.
All Credit Transfer Applications must be supported by appropriate documentation. This may be in the form of a Nationally Recognised Qualification Certificate, Transcript and/or a Statement of Attainment, which corresponds with the same qualification code and name, unit code and title as those included in the student application and date/duration of the course.
Assessment methods may include: Knowledge questions, Projects, Written reports, Portfolio of work, Assignment, Case Study, Self-assessment, Observation and Role Play.
All assessments are conducted in accordance with the Principles of Assessment (fairness, flexibility, validity and reliability) and Rules of Evidence (validity, sufficiency, authenticity and currency).
What you will achieve. By the end of this qualification students will be able to:
- Use various techniques and tools to stimulate creative or innovative thinking.
- Plan, conduct and report on applied research to influence strategic practices and outcomes within an organisational context.
- Develop and implement coaching strategies in a systematic manner, and to monitor, review and improve strategies to optimise learning outcomes for individuals and the organisation.
- Develop and maintain information processing systems to support decision making; and to optimise the use of knowledge and learning throughout the organisation.
- Plan, develop, implement, monitor and evaluate a mentoring program that results in learning forged through a defined and active learning partnership with a mentor.
- Cultivate new and existing partnerships, establishing positive collaborative relationships within an organisation.
Units in this qualification reflect the knowledge and skills of individuals with significant experience in:
• Learning and development consultant
• Manager/head of department, registered training organisation (RTO)
• Organisational learning and leadership manager
• Operational Manager
• Workforce capability development leader
• Workforce planner
• Educational professional working within an RTO
• Manager providing research or information related to career development.