This qualification reflects the role of individuals who have a range of well-developed hospitality service, sales or operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations. Using discretion and judgment, they work with some independence and under limited supervision.
The total duration will be 40 weeks including the breaks. Total 15 units must be completed in order to successfully achieve this qualification. 7 core units of competency AND 8 elective units of competency. 25% of the course is online.
The pathway from the qualification is to further study in our SIT40416 Certificate IV in Hospitality, or a range of other Certificate IV qualifications.
- Communicating with others and promoting participative workplace practice
- Developing solutions to new and emerging issues
- Contributing to the development of other team members
- Working under supervision and completing assigned tasks
- Applying risk management processes to hospitality operations
- Encouraging creative and innovative workplace solutions
- Developing personal hospitality skill and participating in team work activities
- Developing practical hospitality skills to ensure high standards of customer service
- Managing own time and priorities taking responsibility as required by work role and ensuring all organisational policies and procedures are adhered to
- Assisting others to acquire new knowledge and skills to improve team and individual performance
- Using electronic communication devices and processes such as internet, intranet, email to produce written correspondence and reports.