This course will be delivered over 64 weeks including 9 weeks term breaks over the duration of the course.
This qualification provides a general vocational outcome in amenity horticulture. It is NOT a suitable pathway for horticultural trades.
- AHCWHS401 Maintain work health and safety processes
- AHCCHM403 Prepare safe operating procedures for calibration of equipment
- AHCCHM405 Plan and implement a chemical use program
- AHCAGB404 Plan and implement infrastructure improvements
- AHCMOM402 Supervise maintenance of property, machinery and equipment
- AHCIRG436 Implement an irrigation-related environmental protection program
- AHCIRG437 Schedule irrigations
- AHCIRG442 Supervise irrigation system installation
- AHCSOL401 Sample soils and interpret results
- AHCPCM401 Recommend plants and cultural practices
- AHCNSY401 Plan a growing-on program
- AHCNSY402 Plan a propagation program
Internship or Work Placement
Work placement is not a course completion requirement, but is organised by the college to enhance student's practical skills.
For work placement Wakefield International College has agreements in place with agricultural establishments to manage work placement opportunities with their contracted clients to suffice the work placement component of the following units of competency and exposure to the horticulture industry in SA increasing the chances of job opportunity
Horticulture courses are conducted in partnership with nurseries. By partnering with nurseries, we can deliver this course in an excellent working environment for learning and assessment. As per the MOU signed with our nursery, we are able to ensure all students are exposed to a working environment (physical and human resources) to practice and apply skills and knowledge.