MPMB graduates will acquire knowledge and competencies of the contemporary project and portfolio management, as well as leadership and high-level professional skills and attitude. The course focuses on the enhancement of specific professional capabilities, knowledge, and competencies, undertaken in a combination of coursework and research; and the acquisition of leadership and communication skills needed to lead and deliver complex projects. The emphasis is placed on the development of strategic and business expertise associated with projects and organisations. Another unique aspect of the course is its integrated approach to the management of projects, portfolios, and business ventures. MPMB candidates undertake research that immerses them in the application of the latest concepts and techniques, which provides them with fresh perspectives, values, and competencies to lead complex projects.
APIC's focus is on the promotion of holistic and integrative thinking, and self-direction. In this course, you should expect to develop the following attributes:
- specialist project management methodologies, modelling and techniques for the design, plan and implementation of projects across a wide range of industries;
- project management skills with business focus;
- leadership role in the project delivery function;
- critical thinking skills;
- in-demand, commercially-relevant skills and knowledge;
- communication and people skills;
- creativity and lateral thinking;
- ethics and sustainability skills; and
- openness to new ideas and entrepreneurship skills.