This qualification reflects the role of individuals who are job ready and competent in a wide range of information and communications technology (ICT) roles and apply a broad range of skills in varied work contexts, using problem solving skills and effective communication with others.
The total duration will be 52 weeks including the breaks. Total 20 units must be completed in order to successfully achieve this qualification. 7 core units of competency AND 13 elective units of competency.
At the end of the course the student will have fulfilled the necessary competencies required to gain the ICT40120 Certificate IV Information Technology.
After achieving the ICT40120 Certificate IV Information Technology, candidates may undertake the ICT50220 Diploma of Information Technology or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
This skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
- data development: interpreting specifications, technical designs and flow charts, modifying software applications, constructing technical specifications from models and testing, and writing technical documents
- database maintenance: managing, cleaning, storing and verifying organisational data, and evaluating compliance with internal and external data ethics regulations and legislation
- gaming development: creating 2D and 3D modelling and animation software through scripts and storyboards
- networking: installing, configuring and testing networks and servers in organisations
- programming: building, testing and applying basic object-oriented language skills, user interfaces and software developments
- systems administration support: implementing maintenance procedures and support to help troubleshoot system applications
- Web development: designing website layouts through textual and visual content transfer, search engine optimisation and simple markup language documents.