This qualification reflects the role of highly skilled senior operators who use a broad range of hospitality skills combined with managerial skills and sound knowledge of the industry to coordinate hospitality operations. They operate independently, have responsibility for others and make a range of operational business decisions. This qualification provides a pathway to work in any hospitality industry sector as a departmental or small business manager.
The total duration will be 80 weeks including the breaks. Total 28 units must be completed in order to successfully achieve this qualification. 13 core units of competency AND 15 elective units of competency. 25% of the course is online.
Pathway from the qualification are to further study in our SIT60316 Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management, or a range of other Advanced Diploma qualifications.
- Consulting and writing on workplace practices, operational procedures and reports.
- Generating ideas to improve products, services, operational practices and efficiency
- Developing & maintaining knowledge of hospitality industry practices, trends, products, services and suppliers
- Planning and organising the operational activities and effectively responding to routine operational and service issues
- Knowing legal components that relate to the hospitality industry