Why is this course right for you?
No matter how diverse the business world is, there are some skills and knowledge that are universally desired by industry. Whether you have an idea for your own business, improve your existing business, or are looking for a career path in industry, this diploma course allows you to explore up-to-the-minute skills, knowledge and tools as well as arming you with a university diploma on your CV.
After completing year 1 of your degree, you will be awarded with an applied diploma, should you decide to exit your degree at this point. You can add this qualification to your résumé and move forward with your career plans.
Qualification Diploma of Applied Business
Credit points 120 credit points
Expected income $50K
BUS1OPX - Office Professional
This subject provides students with the opportunity to develop the essential written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills required by all business professionals. Students consolidate their skills in the basic functions of office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint before moving onto the application of manual and automatic advanced features. How to efficiently and professionally plan and produce a range of documents for work and Australian universities is also addressed. With a particular focus on professional practices, this subject is designed to develop research, critical thinking, planning, communication and interpersonal skills, engaging students in thinking about professional practices in business and academic work.
BUS1BFX - Business Fundamentals
BUS1AFX - Accounting and Finance Fundamentals
MKT1MDX - Marketing: Stand & Deliver
MGT1OBX - Working with Others
CSE1SPX - Sustainability Practices
Elective subjects (choose 2)
CSE1ITX - Information Technology Fundamentals
BUS2WDX - Manage Diversity
BUS2PMX - Project Management
MKT1ADX - Advertising in a Digital Age
MGT1FOX - Foundations of Management
- Identify, source and analyse information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Evaluate a range of alternate solutions to business and social challenges and account for potentially competing economic, ethical, social and commercial perspectives in a responsible manner.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with a range of stakeholders, using a variety of modes of communications and appropriate tools.
- Devise innovative recommendations to business and social challenges, based on the identification of the elements of a problem and the application and evaluation of problem solving approaches.
- Engage professionally and effectively to the success of a multicultural, team, in a manner which is respectful of the needs, values, personalities and capabilities of others.
- Utilise digital technologies to identify, source, analyse and communicate information relevant to business and social challenges.
- Meet the disciplinary knowledge and skill requirements for graduates seeking to commence a career in business.